I started writing magazine articles on a wide range of topics in 1985–essays as well as how-to articles, meditations as well as opinion pieces. Some have been published in Christian magazines while others have appeared in general-audience magazines and still others in newspapers. Here are a few.
I own the reprint rights to any that appear here so feel free to contact me to reprint them.
- Contagious: The Surprising Things That Make Community Transformational
- The Kind of Person You Can Talk To
- Real Change: What 12-Step Has to Say about Transformation (and why we should care)
- Time Management: Living with Intentionality
- Being Present To Others
- Growing A Heart For People
- Different Servants, Different Styles
- How God Puts Purpose in Life
- Christmas: Mary’s Merciful Song of Justice
- Meditating on Scripture
- Scripture Meditation Exercises
- Scripture Meditation: Welcoming God Each Time
- Coming Clean
- What Is Solitude & Why Do I Need It?
- Turning Your Thoughts into Prayers
- Weeping Prayer
- Meditating on the Run
- How Retreat Centers Help Us Make Space for God
- The Rhythm of Retreat
- Contemplation: No Better Place To Be Than With God
- Being a Spiritual Director: Surprised by God
- Spiritual Discernment
- Welcoming the Stranger
- Jobs Not Jails: The Story of G-Dog and Homeboy Industries
- Holistic Formation: Inward Journey, Outward Journey
- Caring For Someone Beyond My Backyard
- Where Grace Abounds: A Profile Of Dennis Ortega
- Walking In The Shoes Of The Homeless:
An Interview With Jack And Elizabeth Shepherd
- Alternative Gifts For Holiday Giving:
Try Goats And Buffalo
- Get Real? At My Age?
- Redemptive Power of Fiction
- L. A. Grace
- Birth Order Secrets Of The Gospel Quartet
- Next Time, Take The Kids
- A Conversation Worth Having
Engaging the World Around Us
Fitness, Health & Addiction
- DVD-Driven Home Workout Gets the Job Done
- Fitness Forecast: Running 101
- Exercise After Birth?
- Compulsive? Who Me?
- Is Fitness Next to Godliness?
- Respectable Addictions
- Van Gogh’s War With Passion:
When A Journalist Learns From An Impressionist
- L. A. Grace
- Apprentice To The Master: Interview With Dallas Willard