I am pleased to offer the WisBits Archive. If you’ve missed one now and then, here’s the place to catch up. WisBits are ideas and observations based usually on a passage of Scripture or a bit of wisdom someone has shared with me. If you wish to subscribe to WisBits and have them sent to you each month, click here
- Dec – Joseph & Justice
- Nov – Absurd Generosity
- Sep – An MRI for the Soul
- Sep – School of Kingdom Living
- Jul – “Remembering” the World God So Loves
- Jun – Replace Guilt with Desire
- Apr – Contentment in the Pandemic
- Mar – Only Half Alive?
- Feb – Getting on the Same Page with God
- Jan – Do It Anyway
- Dec – Baby Jesus–Extraordinary Strategist?!
- Nov – Gratitude Lists that Aren’t Boring
- Oct – Was Jesus Boring?
- Sep – Is God Obligated to Love People?
- Aug – Mass Shootings – What’s Missing?
- Jul – Prayer: Small, Real Needs or High, Lofty Dreams?
- May – Sin Is Hard, Doing the Right Thing is Easier
- Mar – Change Is More CAUGHT than Taught
- Feb – Did Jesus Like to Party?
- Jan – Sink Your Teeth Into Life
- Sep – I Have Everything I Need???
- May – Jesus Today
- Mar – An Easter Mistake: Jesus Was NOT a Helpless Victim
- Jan – God Is So Much Better Than You Think
- Dec – My Answer to Hurry
- Nov – Nothing Is Too Ordinary for God
- Aug – Where Are You Headed?
- Jul – The Great Shift in my Life with God
- May – No More Crabby Jesus
- Apr – What is a Spiritual Director?
- Mar – Starved for Beauty
- Feb – Freestyling the Lord’s Prayer
- Jan – Reading the Bible in TECHNOCOLOR
- Dec – Waiting: An Adventure, Not a Waste of Time 634
- Nov – Politics, But Not as Usual
- Oct – 18 Inch Gap from Head to Heart: I Know but I Don’t Do
- Sep – Kingdom Life Now: Generous and Unafraid
- Aug – Is God Submissive to People?
- Jul – Bits of Forgiveness
- Jun – Unseen Realities I Need to Remember
- May – Sing to the Lord—Even Badly?
- Apr – A Technology Fast
- Mar – Jesus & So-Called “Worldly” People
- Feb – Three Buck Day
- Jan – “Trust Me!”
- Dec – Hearing God through the Year
- Nov – Honorary Sons and Daughters
- Oct – A Day of No Retort
- Sep – Welcoming the Stranger
- Aug – Welcoming the Person in Front of Me
- Jul – What About Those Drowning Egyptians?
- Jun – Acceptance: Then What?
- May – Accepting People As They Are
- Apr – Small Things Keep Us from Being Practical Atheists
- Mar – What About the Other Guy
- Feb – Trust God & Do the Next Thing
- Jan – Reflecting on Energy – and Lack of It!
- Dec – The Kind of Person You Can Talk to about Spiritual Things
- Nov – How Did Mary Become So Adventurous?
- Oct – Switching the Focus
- Sep – Reprocessing Anger into Grace
- Aug – Seeing Jesus
- Jul – The With-God Life
- Jun – Confessions of a Game-Changer
- May – Quieting Our “Inner Committee”
- Apr – Doing “Serious Nothing”
- Mar – God’s Opinion of Me
- Feb – Joyful Trust – Astounding Behavior
- Jan – The Abundant Life of Simplicity
- Dec – Holy Space in Community
- Nov – Simple But Powerful:Practicing God’s Presence
- Oct – How do People Change?
- Sep – Unoffendable – Like Teflon
- Aug – Serenity, Courage and Wisdom
- Jul – A Simpler Way to Live
- Jun- Dog & Cat Theology
- May – Stepping up to the Plate
- Apr – Unscorched?
- Mar – Grace That’s Hard to Swallow
- Feb – Is Jesus an Exception?
- Jan – Mission: Possible!
- Dec – This Present Moment
- Nov – Buy Nothing Day
- Oct – Raising our Standard of Loving
- Sep – Returning to Joy?
- Aug – Rowing or Sailing?
- Jul – Try, Try Again? No.
- Jun – I Do Nothing on my Own
- May – Drop or Ignore…Criticism?
- Apr – Saturated in Serenity
- Mar – Leisure: Why God Likes It
- Feb – Perfect Combo of Love:Justice & Tenderness
- Jan – Seeking the “Advantage” Doesn’t Work
- Dec – Christmas: The Lowliness of God
- Nov – Loving People into Goodness
- Oct – Impression Management vs. Authenticity
- Sep – Un-Prayed For Answers
- Aug – Relaxing into Another Reality
- Jul – “Much More” God
- Jun – Making Space for the Life We Really Want
- May – Simplicity: Freedom from Self-Enslavement
- Apr – Contract, or Shared Life?
- Mar – Guilt Odyssey
- Feb – Jesus Under Fire
- Jan – Fully Functional?
- Dec – Stability of Heart vs “Just Getting Through”
- Nov – The Presence of a Very Good Person
- Oct – Companion-Not 911 Emergency Operator
- Sep – Guilt Can Be a Temptation
- Aug – Humility and Confidence
- Jul – Pushing the River
- Jun – No Longer Muddling
- May – Wisdom
- Apr – God and the Bad Guys
- Mar – Not Getting What I Want Is OK
- Feb – Charity and Respect for Everyone
- Jan – Grateful for Enough
- Dec – Astonishingy Merciful
- Nov – Only the Next Step
- Oct – What Jesus Doesn’t Think
- Sep – Personal Retreats
- Aug – Confidence in Chaos
- Jul – Exploring God’s Will
- Jun – It’s Always about Relationship
- May – Old Testament Treasures
- Apr – Does Growth Always Require Suffering?
- Mar – Dread
- Feb – Surrendering My Crutch
- Jan – Jesus, the Artist
- Dec – Compassion that Flows
- Nov – Did Jesus Get Angry?
- Oct – Speaking Truth With Love
- Sep – Soul School: Invitation to the Jesus Life
- Aug – Switch the Station
- Jul – Bent Over How?
- Jun – Can God Redeem Anything?
- May – Getting “Fed” by God
- Apr – Greatness Doesn’t Always Look Great
- Mar – Power & Authority
- Feb – Waking and Going-to-Sleep Pictures
- Jan – The Underrated Virtue
- Dec – Is God Enough?
- Nov – God Speaking To You
- Oct – Your Future!
- Sep – Praying in Jesus’ Name
- Aug – Jesus Taking You Aside
- Jul – Talking to your Soul
- Jun – Patient and Compassionate Jesus
- May – What God Says to You
- Apr – Goofy Justice
- Mar – Jesus Who Squats